18 September 2012

Half

We have been talking a little bit about half after I began noticing K use the term herself in various contexts. We actually read a bed time story tonight which had the numbers 1-14 in it. I said to K, "Hey - these are the numbers we have been learning about". K replied, "No Mum, we have been learning about half".

K enjoys cutting my pictures in half by drawing a line through them.
This was a bit complicated for K. She didn't know what to do so I suggested she could draw a crazy picture - even a square eye if she wanted to.
 
Guessing these pictures and completing the half was a bit easier.
 
We had fun with playdough on the weekend - cutting sausages in half.

Our green eggs were still in tact. K cut these in half and then dished up
sausages and eggs for Mum to eat.
 
What are 4 pieces called? We introduced the word 'quarters'.
 
K put together her own activity for Mum to complete this morning. Note the pictures with the missing sides. Although the pictures are not in halves, I love the fact she is using the skills she has been practicing and reversing them for me.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment