1 October 2012

Water Beads 2

Our bowl of water beads is still growing strong. They have shrunk a little, but have remained mostly the size of a small marble. I guess if I wanted them to shrink further I would have to regularly drain the water from the bowl to dry them out. For $2.50 (2 packets), they are pretty good value.

We added on the weekend a few scoops of water beads to some paint. The beads were too light to be rolled through the paint, so K had fun moving them around with her hands.
It was like finger painting with the added sensory experience of the now slimy water beads.
Once the paper looked as if it had had enough, we took it out and replaced it with Shaving cream.
K has only played with shaving cream once or twice before, and is still fascinated by the initial long strands that emerge from the can.
It was fun trying to find the water beads amongst the foam.

Even Dad was keen to have a go.
Soon our fish and a dinosaur joined the party, and then some glittery shapes as well. The shaving cream had a delightful pink tinge from the paint.

Although I thought I scooped most of the cream into the bin and washed the container in the laundry, the kitchen sink later that day became blocked. I wonder if some expanding water beads had washed off my hands and had lodged in the kitchen drain?? A trip to Bunnings to buy a plunger was needed to remedy the situation and the dishes eventually got washed.

Stay tuned for more water bead posts in the future. I have a few more ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment